How to give yourself the perfect manicure in 8 easy steps.
Hey all you multitasking, crazy busy women! If you’re interested in my blog I figure you’re either 1. making time in your life for the nail salon, or, 2. Doing at-home manicures, or 3. A mixture of both. I know I have a mix going on in my life, about 90/10 me going the DIY route. Nails are part of a first impression. In my case I can’t very well be a partner in a nail polish company and have straggly looking nails! I also can’t reach out for a newborn during a lactation consult and have the new mom and dad be turned off by unkept nails. I’ve developed the following routine for my at home manicures. It works for me and I hope you enjoy its benefits too!
These are my very average hands after some cuticle oil and lotion.
I use a cotton ball soaked with white vinegar to prep my nails.
Next, I buff my nails with a block and use a file…I like them short.
Next, I lay a foundation for my color coats. Our Signature Foundation & Finisher is crystal clear, reminds me of water!
After the Signature coat dries I put on two coats of my favorite shade and let them dry completely.
Next up is a layer of our Tenacious Top Coat followed by the finishing coat with our Signature product.
My Quick 8 Step Nail Care Routine:
- Once a week I apply lemon juice to any sun spots developing on my hands (remnants of a California youth), let it sit for 10 minutes then rinse. Oh the joys of being 40…..
- Find cuticle oil you love. I use an argan oil based one. Before bed each night massage it into your cuticles and top with an all over deep moisturizer, something thick and rich.
- In the morning, or when you’re ready to paint your nails. Trim and file off any rough tips and edges. Buff the surface of your nail with a buffing block.
- Run a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol or white vinegar over each nail to thoroughly clean your nails in preparation for polish.
- Apply a thin coat of Polston & Co Signature Foundation and Finisher. This will provide a moisture blocking foundation for your polish and increase the durability and chip resistance of your polish coat.
- Apply two coats of your favorite polish.
- After your color coats are dry apply Polston & Co Tenacious Top Coat for added shine and wear.
- Lastly, add a finishing layer of Signature Foundation & Finisher.